Our little family

Our little family
Wife Woman, Husband Man, Catcher and The Hoskinettes.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

cooking poo...

yes i know how it sounds 'cooking poo.' but this was too funny not to post. A few days ago Katie was playing with a small toy that looked like Winnie the Pooh, she calls him Pooh Bear which sometimes gets shortened to Pooh. She was playing in her playhouse and it sounded like there was some pretend cooking going on, and i had seen her take the Pooh Bear toy in there. So i asked her " Are you and Pooh cooking?"

Katie got quiet and then answered, "I'm cooking Pooh"

I thought maybe she simply misunderstood so i corrected her and said "Oh you're cooking WITH Pooh."

"NO," came the fast reply,"I'm cooking POOH!" She giggled and i peeked in a window and sure enough there was Pooh Bear simmering on her little pretend stove.

I had only the kids around me so i had no one to laugh at the pun of Katie cooking pooh, which sounded like she was cooking poo (or poop), Maggie laughed, because i was laughing (or so i thought).

Later that night the Pooh Bear toy made a reappearance at bedtime. Katie tried to take it to bed with her. I have a very strict no toys in bed policy (except specified favorite ones of course) so i took it away "No toys in bed" i reminded her.

Maggie laughed and said "Yeah no POOH in bed....eww" she laughed some more, my kid's first pun...Grand Dad would be proud....so was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment