Our little family

Our little family
Wife Woman, Husband Man, Catcher and The Hoskinettes.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The kids and I were watching a show on the Disney Channel yesterday, just a kid show, like most live action kid's show. It had several adults basically acting like kids and posing questions to the audience of children to answer, which most kids answer back and have fun....but not my four year old. My Maggie thinks of that show the same way i as an adult do. She's sitting there watching, not answering their "problems" and she turns to me and says 'if they're adults, why are they asking us, little kids for answers to their problems?' I totally laughed out loud to that one. I mean as an adult those kind of shows weird me out a little, it really is adults acting like kids so they can relate to the kids, and i guess i'm kind of used to it because it doesn't even really bother me anymore. But it was funny to hear my four year old come to that realization already, i mean i expect it as they get older, that's why those shows eventually won't interest them anymore, but i didn't expect it at 4 years old. What's next? No Santa for her either? Her little mind is growing mature way faster than i was ready. But then she's always been a little further ahead in some areas of maturity than most her age... boy oh boy am i NOT looking forward to her in the teenage years!

No comments:

Post a Comment