Our little family

Our little family
Wife Woman, Husband Man, Catcher and The Hoskinettes.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Spending time in the Hospital

I'm emailing in my blog because for whatever reason i can't seem to bring up the blog website, so here's hoping this works.
 
At an appointment yesterday (tuesday) the dr had a discussion with me about choosing to be monitored at the hospital until delivery, whenever that may be.  It was a tough choice to make, no one wants to decide to spend that much time away from their family and home and kids.  But if at any point the preeclampsia suddenly gets worse and i am at home, the consequences could be catastrophic for both Catcher and/or myself.  I finally decided to agree with the dr that this may be the best option for the baby, to keep him in there the longest if i'm not getting up to go to the dr's office every few days, instead the dr and the lab and the ultrasound all come to me in the hospital instead, it will keep my bp lower longer is the hope.
 
I've only been here one night, and i'm trying to think long term, that hopefully this bedrest will work so well we could go maybe even to 35 weeks (though that may be wishful thinking) but that means a VERY long hospital stay.  But every day i worry that something new will go wrong, it seems like things keep going wrong out of the blue, and at any point they could say that they're not gonna wait around anymore and they want me to have the baby. That literally could happen anytime and that makes me nervous. I guess it's just the control freak in me, not knowing WHEN is sooo hard! Everyone asks my due date and when i tell them it's april 15th, they always say wow you have so long to go, but the reality is, i have no clue how long i have left to go, it could be this month or next or even in march (if we're lucky)
 
I'll be trying to post regularly of any changes, but for now i'm just sitting around being bored at Dameron Hospital in Stockton. For those who have asked, we have Kaiser and this is the closest Kaiser hospital with a high level NICU to handle an early baby like Catcher, no matter how early he is. And because this could all change at a moments notice, they want me staying in the hospital that is best for Catcher when he is born so he can be born quickly if need be. They will not let me do bed rest in modesto and just transfer here for the birth, doesn't work that way unfortunately.  If anyone is up for the drive, i'm always here, feel free to stop in and say hi :)

No comments:

Post a Comment